Saturday, September 19, 2015

Out of the Jurisdiction: Here and There in Paris


They were filming a period movie in Luxembourg Gardens.


Lovely pastries from blé sucré, a noted bakery in Square Trousseau.


You are American, you go to Shakespeare and Company.  It is that simple.


Beaumarchais and friend.
Beaumarchais was a watchmaker, a playwright (Barber of Seville and Marriage of Figaro), inventor, musician, diplomat, fugitive, spy, publisher, horticulturalist, arms dealer, satirist, financier, and revolutionary.  His friend scavenges and poops. 


Liberty.  Equality.  Fraternity.
Tableau and clock above the entrance of the Hôtel de Ville.

10 comments:

Birdman said...

Vests, no matter where you find them, are pretty classy. Hey, even Annie Hall looked sexy as hell.

Taken For Granted said...

Paris is surly a magical place. Your photos demonstrate that.

William Kendall said...

A period movie... I'd wondered by the attire in that first shot!

Sylvia K said...

Your photos do indeed take me back to Paris -- in mind only, of course, but that's better than not at all!! Thanks for sharing the beauty, the fun and I'm ready to visit the bakery right now!! Have a great weekend, Jack!!

Sharon said...

I think that Luxembourg Gardens is my favorite place in Paris. If I lived there, I'd be one of those people in the lawn chairs enjoying a day in the park. My second favorite place just might be that pastry shop. Yum!

Lynette said...

Thanks for these intriguing photos, Jack, and your captions are always informative and entertaining!

RedPat said...

You need a nice treat after wandering around Paris. An almond croissant would be nice - I've yet to find one here as good as the ones there - maybe it is the atmosphere!

Harriet said...

Love your photographic "vignettes" from life in Paris. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

So much history, so many interesting sites,!

Kay said...

Oops. I didn't go to Shakespeare and Company. Is my passport going to be revoked?
I'm enjoying Paris through your lens.