Saturday, September 5, 2015

Deb and Patrice

Deb and Patrice were both camera shy.  I promised them that I know how to take 
good portraits, so they reluctantly agreed to let me try.


Deb has worked in the jewelry store for about six months.  She also helps her husband in his home remodeling business.  Deb has three kids, the oldest of whom is going off to college this year.


I think she looks good in color and in black-and-white.  Do you have a preference?


Patrice works in the store's gifts department.  When not at work, she has been caring for a convalescing mother.  Her god-daughter is going off to college this fall, and that makes Patrice sad.
I did OK with her portrait, too, don't you think?

16 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, you do take good portraits!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Deb looks good in colour Jack, the blue looks fab with her blond hair.

Kate said...

Both women should be pleased with the results.

VP said...

Very nice portraits, at least the color ones!

Ed said...

Nice portraits, Jack I wish I could do as well. I never like the way my portraits come out.

Birdman said...

Oh, color shot seems to bring her right to the forefront. She should be happy with your 'treatment'.

LOLfromPasa said...

You did great with both. I like both color and b&w.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, these shots are both terrific -- as always!! They should both feel great about being asked to pose for you!!! Hope you have a great weekend!! Enjoy!!

William Kendall said...

Excellent portraits! Colour for me.

RedPat said...

I think they will both be happy with those shots, Jack! I like the colour version of Deb the best too.

cieldequimper said...

Yes you did. Deb has a child going to college? Really? She looks like she's barely out of college herself!

I was expecting a man. Patrice? A woman's name? Really? Oh my goodness, good thing she isn't French! Patrice looks great!

Taken For Granted said...

Both these portraits are great. I'm a fan of b&w photography, but in this case I will have to go with the majority in choosing the color version of Deb's photo. Color brings out her beautiful skin and hair color. Also in the color portrait her dark eyes are more piercing.

Bob Crowe said...

Strong preference for the color, which is not the way I'd always go. Her eyes are hypnotic, as if she could sell anything to anyone. They lose some of their power in the B&W.

Lowell said...

Your skills at portrait photography are sowing through! Very well done!

Harriet said...

Great portraits. I vote for the color version.

Kay said...

Success! Good job with both portraits.
I often like black and white shots as portraits but the color in Deb's helps focus the eye. And the lighting gives her more warmth.