Saturday, September 12, 2015

Amy Toyen

I have shown this adorable yet sad statue before,
but it continues to affect me, so I am showing it again.


In 2001, Amy Toyen was a newly engaged 24-year old woman from Avon, Connecticut, 
a voracious reader who loved her teddy bears.  Unfortunately, on September 11, 2001, 
she was at work on a high floor of the World Trade Center.  She was one of nearly
3,000 people who died in the World Trade Center attacks.

This statue in front of the Avon Free Public Library honors Amy Toyen and
other victims of the September 11, 2001 attack on America.

10 comments:

Kate said...

I remember this without the reminder of the link. It is a fitting yet sad tribute to a very unlucky young woman. How sensitive and caring to have this statue displayed to memorialize her.

Lowell said...

This is a fascinating post. I love the statue and it's a perfect way to honor Ms. Toyen and the other victims of that tragedy.

Birdman said...

I don't like to relive this day, but last night (again) I could not leave the History Channel's look back with ordinary people and their videos. Always haunting...

Sylvia K said...

September will never cease to bring the memories of 9/11 back to me. This is a very moving post, Jack, thank you!!

William Kendall said...

Very poignant, Jack.

Sharon said...

That is a very moving tribute!

RedPat said...

It really gets the feeling of innocence across, Jack, as all those people were.

Taken For Granted said...

Thank you for sharing this sad story along with your fine photo of this statue.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Certainly worth sharing again - and every year.

LOLfromPasa said...

This is so touching that I called my husband over to my desk to have a look. Beautiful tribute.