Saturday, January 3, 2015

Contenders from Out of the Jurisdiction

If I permitted myself to pick a "photo of the year" from my travels away from Naples and Hartford,
there would have been some good possibilities in 2014.


This is a December night view of the Old Mohawk, a favorite restaurant and bar in Columbus, Ohio.
I doctored the photograph lightly with brushstroke, watercolor and posterization effects. 


This October photograph of an ancient Greek temple and modern statue on Sicily was too easy.
Is that my fault? 


I loved this September photograph of a woman descending the stairs in the new wing of
Boston's Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum.


This simple August photograph of the bark of a New Hampshire tree
turned out nicely and garnered good comments.


This New York City photo from July was my best reflection photograph of the year.


This June photograph from an ornate Russian church was one of my favorites.


And I was proud of this May photograph from the circus museum in Sarasota, Florida.

20 comments:

Karl said...

These are all excellent shots, Jack!
It was certainly not easy for you to choose only one...

Mo said...

Great shots, although the greek statue is a wee bit too in the face. Less of the man I think.

jennyfreckles said...

Love the one from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. I spent several happy hours there being wowed by the collection and the buildings, but it was pouring with rain and very dark, so I never got a decent photo. I think your photography gets better and better, Jack, this is a fabulous collection.

Ed said...

They're all great photos, Jack. I've enjoyed them and has made me think about going back to revisit some of my photos from 2014. I think my list of favorites would be much shorter.

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful selection Jack. I really like you shot from Columbus.

Andy said...

Excellent photos Jack.

Sharon said...

Excellent shots Jack!

Kate said...

I like them all and it pleases me that you take such pleasure in the art of photography.

Birdman said...

Fine collection of images, so different

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

All excellant! Congratulations !!

Sylvia K said...

What a terrific collection of your shots for the year!!!You are the best, Jack, and these prove it!! Looking forward to your shots for the new year! Have a great weekend!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You sure had a lot to choose from Jack.. out of the ones you've shown here and last post the one that I totally adore is the misty reflections on the Naples Golf Course.. perfection!

Lowell said...

These are all terrific photos and worthy of further consideration. No wonder you wanted to pick the theme for Jan. 1!

RedPat said...

I love them all but particularly the top one with its moodiness, Jack!

Malyss said...

My favorite is the 2nd one ; very strong !

William Kendall said...

The Russian church would have been my pick, Jack!

Taken For Granted said...

This is a great collection, Jack. I'm partial to the first one because it reminds me of a friend's work who a photo realist painter.

Randy said...

I probably would have picked the first one.

Bob Crowe said...

I vote for the Russian church. The color and ornateness look like many Buddhist temples.

Kay said...

Great shots! The glass stairway and tree bark are faves, though all of them are superb.