Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant

On overcast days, I look for indoor things to photograph.  DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant
is ten minutes up the road.  Today will be its sixth day in business.   From the number of
customers strolling around and checking it out, I predict a winner.


Francis Cuomo is the owner.  He has had five previous food stores and restaurants in Florida and
New York.  This very large upscale market and Italian restaurant is in the Promenade,
a once busy shopping center that suffered badly during the 2008 recession. 
The Promenade sits at the entrance to one of the biggest
communities in southwest Florida,
so it draws upon a large
local clientele.


Good luck, Francis.  I think the Promenade is coming back.

18 comments:

VP said...

Cuomo is a quite well known surname...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Lot's of yummy looking goodies there Jack.. I'm trying not to think of food :)

EG CameraGirl said...

It's smart of you to take indoor photos when it's dreary outdoors, but if you lived in Ontario you might always be be shooting inside. OK, only kidding. The sun is out today here. :))

Is this Cuomo related to the governor of the State of New York?

Randy said...

Looks like my kind of store.

Birdman said...

Overcast? You poor dog. Enjoy. It's pouring here! Italian pastries in your future this AM?

Sharon said...

That certainly looks like my kind of place. I think I would enjoy shopping there and I'd probably leave with more than I planned on.

Lois said...

Sounds like he knows what he's doing! There are many new businesses moving into town here too.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes!! My kind of place, too! And today would be perfect -- it's raining, gray and chill!! Fall has definitely arrived in Portland!!! Great post and pics -- as always!! Hope your week is going well!!

RedPat said...

That looks like it could revitalize the whole place, Jack! It is cloudy here but is due to be sunny later after we have had 2 days of showers.

Halcyon said...

I like the looks of the place. And the owner looks friendly and confident! Good traits for a business owner.

Kate said...

Part of the political Cuomo family, I wonder? Hope that his business is a rousing success!

Michelle said...

I do like the look of this place and the owner seems like a confident fellow.

As for the crying at my house....it hasn't started yet. Although, all of the other things have. The ordering of commencement supplies, the last football game (next Friday), and so on. Life goes on....

William Kendall said...

A good portrait shot!

Bob Crowe said...

The store looks full of delicious things but Francis is a little strange. I wonder about his medications.

SRQ said...

Looks like a great find! Another well executed portrait, Jack.

Karl said...

I like the optimism coming out from this portrait, Jack!

Kay said...

Wow! It looks like you could put together quite a picnic from this place...not to mention plenty of gourmet meals. Yum!

CaT said...

to me he looks typical american italian.. !